My Blog List

Saturday 22 July 2017

Moto Guzzi Cafe Racer.........

...........is finally ready for some road testing / mot. It seems ages since I thought I was close to this stage and then had to wait for my clip ons with a 1" rise to arrive and then to slightly modify the m/cylinder and lengthen the hose. The bigger delay was getting the bike to run properly at idle which had me going round in circles. Finally just a few days ago I went through the various 36 mm carb slides and discovered some subtle differences in their heights when the throttle stop screws were fully wound in. Anyway, I now have the bike with a steady tickover that doesn't hang on to the revs.
  Just need to get it on the road now, which will give a truer picture of how it's running rather than as sat in the workshop. 
   Just need the roads to dry up around by the workshop, as it gets lots of muddy puddles where the water comes off the farmers fields 




No comments:

Post a Comment